We love seeing how customers use Blume at home. Sometimes the recipes that come in are too creative to not share.
Rachel (@rachfiit) is a foodie passionate about health and wellness! She grew up playing competitive hockey, touch football, and skiing and has always been very active. Now she is studying physical and health education at McGill university in Montreal and works as a bootcamp/hiit trainer at a gym part time! She created her page @rachfiit to share workouts and healthy recipe creations with everyone and to promote a healthy lifestyle and is now a Blume ambassador.
This is her recipe for healthy chocolate covered coconut froyo bites. They are the perfect summer treat, and a healthy fun version of a coconut chocolate bar.
She whipped these up using our Beetroot Blend, Blue Lavender Blend, Cacao Turmeric Blend, but any of our blends would work.
They are super easy to make and require just a small list of ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen! So here is what you need.
Coconut Froyo Bites
Prep time , Freeze time 2-3 hours. Serves 8-10 bites.
- 1 cup coconut yogurt or greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-2 tsp of your choice of Blume Superfood Blend
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate
- A bit of coconut oil
- Mix all your froyo filling ingredients together and put the mixture into ice molds. Pop them in the freezer for 2-3 hours or until frozen.
- Melt dark chocolate with a bit of coconut oil. Stir together and set aside. You can melt chocolate by popping in the microwave for 15 seconds bursts and stirring in between.
- Take your froyo mix out of the freezer and coat it with the melted chocolate. You can drop the froyo centres directly into your chocolate, coat fully in chocolate and pull out with a fork.
- Place the bites on a plate, lined with parchment paper.
- Top with coconut flakes and sea salt before the chocolate is fully set. Place back in the freezer and as soon as the chocolate is set!
Add our blends to anything!
Micro-ground means more versatile. Boost oatmeal, smoothies or really anything! Every order receives a free 80 page recipe book with everything you need to get started.