Looking for a quick and easy treat recipe? Matcha is full of antioxidants and is such a simple and vibrant addition to your latte repertoire. But it can also be used to spice up baked goods, energy balls, smoothies and in this case make vegan ice cream.
DYK: Matcha has half the amount of caffeine of a brewed cup of coffee which helps you feel energized without the crash.
You probably know about banana nice cream and how simple it is to whip up at home. There are endless possibilities including peanut butter, honey, cocoa powder or chopped nuts. In this recipe we combine slices of frozen bananas with our Matcha Coconut Blend to create a refreshing treat all year around.
This ice cream isn't too sweet, is bright green and is an elegant twist on a new age classic. The recipe is very forgiving and we just eyeball the measurements. Serve it up in a cone, as a sundae, or with a mountain of fresh berries and enjoy.
Vegan Matcha Nice Cream
Prep time , Freeze time 1 hours. Serves 2.
- 2-3 cups of frozen bananas sliced
- 2 teaspoons of Blume Matcha Coconut Blend
- A touch of almond milk or coconut cream for a creamier texture
- Slice the bananas before freezing. (otherwise it can be very hard to remove the peel!) Give the banana slices at least 3 hours undisturbed to freeze.
- Add frozen bananas slices and non-dairy milk of choice to a food processor.
- Add two teaspoons of our Matcha Coconut Latte Blend to the processor and whiz!
- You should eat right away (how could you resist), or store in a air tight container and put back in the freezer for another hour.
Now you can make perfect scoops!
Shop Matcha Coconut Blend
Move over coffee, we know how to boost the energy without crash. This blend is made with organic stone-ground matcha and a touch of coconut for creaminess in your cup.