Some baked goods were created to be enjoyed wrapped up in a cozy blanket with a warm latte in-hand. These vegan and gluten free pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are one of those treats! After enjoying these as your afternoon or post-dinner pick-me-up, you won’t want to ever be without them.
Oatmeal Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Make time: mins (20 mins prep, 20 mins bake)
Serves: 12 cookies
- 1 cup Gluten Free Oat Flour
- ½ cup Gluten Free Oats
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Blume Pumpkin Spice blend
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 3 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 3 tbsp Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 Flax Egg (1 tbsp Ground Flaxseed, 3 tbsp Water)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, create your flax egg. Mix together 1 tbsp ground flaxseed with 3 tbsp water and set aside. Let it rest for 15 mins.
- In a medium bowl, mix together your dry ingredients (oat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and Blume Pumpkin Spice blend).
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract). Once mixed together, add your flax egg.
- Add your wet mixture to your dry mixture and combine together. The dough should be quite light and fluffy. Once you’ve combined the dough, fold in your chocolate chips (hack: if you don’t have vegan chocolate chips on hand, you can also chop up a dark chocolate bar and add it to your cookies).
- Roll the dough into 12 medium sized balls and place them on your parchment lined baking tray. Once the dough balls are on the baking tray, flatten them using a fork. This will create flatter cookies! If you don’t flatten the dough, you’ll get smaller, rounder cookies after baking.
- Bake cookies for 15-20 minutes and enjoy!
Tag @itsblume and the ‘gram to show us how your cookies turned out!
Looking to get your pumpkin cookie fix in more ways than one? Check out our original Vegan Chewy Pumpkin Cookie recipe.
Finally a pumpkin spice blend with actual pumpkin! Organic pumpkin and maple combined for a warm cut of velvety goodness. Tastes like grandma's pumpkin pie and works perfectly with (or without) a shot of espresso.