This decadent, chickpea-based Vegan Cookie Dough just might be our new fave. You won't find any unwanted chickpea flavour in this recipe, though! Roll into cookie dough bites, a dip for crackers, or simply help yourself to a spoonful ;) Packed full of hormone-balancing adaptogens, the Adaptogenic Milk Blend (AKA Bettermilk) used in this recipe is a rich & creamy nut-milk alternative that contains over 10,000mg of a proprietary mushroom blend, including all organic: Reishi Powder, Lion’s Mane Powder, Chaga and Cordyceps powders.
Bonus: Bettermilk is full of adaptogens, meaning it will help support your body + mind when you're feeling stressed, anxious or in need of some balance.
DYK: There's 12g of protein in one cup of chickpeas
Vegan Cookie Dough Bites
Makes: 1 bowl of Reishi Vegan Cookie Dough Dip or 12 Dough Bites.
What you need:
- 1 can Chickpeas (drained, rinsed and skins peeled off)
- 3 tbsp of Adaptogenic Milk Blend (option to replace with any nut butter)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp oat flour
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp Blume Reishi Hot Cacao Blend
- 1 cup of Adaptogenic Milk (made by mixing 2 tbsp of Milk Blend, blended with 1 cup of water) (option to replace with your fave milk alternative)
- 1/2 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips (or as many as your heart desires!)
What to do:
- Peel the skin off the chickpeas. Simply rub them between two sheets of paper towel to remove.
- Add chickpeas to a food processor (or blender) and blend for 30-40 seconds until smooth, scraping down sides in between.
- Add the Adaptogenic Milk Blend (straight from the jar), maple syrup, salt and vanilla extract and blend to combine.
- To make liquid Bettermilk, add one to two tablespoons of milk blend and one cup of water to a blender, blend on high for 20-30 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides and add oat and almond flour, Reishi Hot Cacao blend and the liquid milk blend, and blend to combine.
- Check the consistency. You're going for cookie dough, so add more Bettermilk a splash at a time until you're there.
- Transfer the dough to a clean bowl and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Get colourful by sprinkling your favourite Blume blend onto the individual balls! We like a dash of Turmeric, but you could try Beetroot, Matcha Coconut or more of the Reishi Hot Cacao for a delicious superfood addition.
- To make Dough Bites, roll 1 tbsp of the dough into a bite size ball or simply eat as a dip with your favourite cracker or fruit.
Warning, this vegan raw cookie dough needs no vessel and is delicious simply by the spoonful!
This dough will keep in the fridge for 5-6 days.