It's healthy, it's vegan, it's raw, it's what you've been dreaming of all your adult life: edible cookie dough! Leave the, "But what about the raw eggs?!" questions at the door and tuck into this decadent, chickpea-based Reishi Vegan Cookie Dough. You won't find any hidden chickpea flavour in this recipe because it's full of nut butter and chocolatey goodness. Devour it as a dip, roll into dough bites, or simply help yourself to spoonfuls all day long. High in protein, low in disappointment, you will want to try this Blume Hack!
DYK: There's 12g of protein in one cup of chickpeas
Bonus: Reishi is considered an adaptogenic herb, meaning it will help support your body + mind when you're feeling stressed, anxious or in need of a dose of calm.Makes: 1 bowl of Reishi Vegan Cookie Dough Dip or 12 Dough Bites
Prep Time: 20 minutes
What you need:
1 can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and skins peeled off
1/3 cup nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew)
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 tsp salt
3 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp oat flour
3 tbsp almond flour
2 tsp Blume Reishi Hot Cacao Blend
2 tbsp almond milk (plus more as needed)
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (or more to taste)
What to do:
1. Peel the skin off the chickpeas. Simply rub them between two sheets of paper towel to remove.
2. Add chickpeas to food processor and blend for 30-40 seconds until smooth, scraping down sides in between.
3. Add the nut butter, maple syrup, salt and vanilla extract and blend to combine.
4. Scrape down the sides and add oat and almond flour, Reishi Hot Cacao blend and almond milk, blend to combine.
5. Take the lid off and check the consistency. You're going for cookie dough, so add more almond milk by a tablespoon at a time until you're there.
6. Transfer the dough to a clean bowl and stir in the chocolate chips.
7. Scoop 1 tbsp and roll into dough bites or simply eat as a dip with your favourite cracker or apple slices. Warning, this vegan raw cookie dough needs no vessel and is delicious simply by the spoonful!
This dough will keep in the fridge for 5-6 days.