Delicious pink cookies boosted with beets?! You bet! These red velvet chocolate chip cookies live up to the hype.
Pretty, delicious and such an elevated way to snack this summer! Beetroot and chocolate chips combine for a cookie you won’t be able to stop talking about.
Our Beetroot Blend uses all organic Beetroot powder that has been micro-ground to easily incorporate into any recipe. It has a Chai-like taste that really comes through with these cookies!
DYK: Beets naturally lower blood pressure, fight inflammation, and improve muscle recovery post-workout. Cookies with benefits? Count us in!
Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep time . Serves 12 medium sized cookies.
- 1 1/3 cup of all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp of Blume Beetroot Blend
- 1 tsp cornstarch (optional)
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 large egg
- White chocolate chips for fun!
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, Beetroot blend, cornstarch & salt
- In a separate large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light & fluffy
- Beat in the egg (avoid over beating!)
- Beat in the flour mixture with the wet ingredients
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes, or overnight
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees when it’s ready to bake
- Roll dough into 12 cookie shapes and top with white chocolate chips
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes (until cookies are golden brown underneath)
- Let the cookies cool on a rack (difficult, we know!) and serve
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
If you are looking for more ways to use your Blume Beetroot blend, check out our blog for more recipes! Beetroot pairs well with berries for a yummy and refreshing summer smoothie, as well as pink pancakes ;)
Shop Beetroot Blend
Our pretty pink latte is formulated to boost energy and help you repair naturally. Beets are rich in nitrates while supporting after-workout recovery and heart health. Add to your favorite milk, smoothies or oatmeal for a superfood boost. No fillers or added sugars means a little goes a long way!