Pancakes are the ultimate breakfast treat and given how this year has gone, we could all use the indulgence, am I right? These pink chai strawberry pancakes are Sunday brunch goals (or Mon-Sat). Naturally tinted with our Beetroot Blend, Vibrant by the Spoonful put together this gorgeous recipe that will impress pretty much anyone. Enjoy these pancakes post at-home-workout to boost your recovery time!
DYK: Beets are high in zinc, copper and vitamins A + C - all nutrients that boost your immunity.
Bonus: Feeling high strung during these uncertain times? Beets help lower blood pressure!
Pink Chai Pancakes
Prep time 15 min, cook time 10 min, total time . Servings 8 pancakes.
What you need for the cakes:
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 ripe banana, smashed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 tbsp Beetroot Latte Mix
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
What you need for the sauce:
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1-2 tsp chia seeds
What to do:
- Heat strawberries on the stove top with maple syrup, coconut cream and chia seeds to make the sauce. Keep stirring until warmed through, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add dry ingredients to smashed banana. Add melted coconut oil and milk, stir until combined. Don't over beat, a few lumps won't hurt anyone.
- Spoon pancake mix into a non stick skillet on medium high heat. Use about 1/3 cup of batter to make one pancake. Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. When you see little bubbles form, that is your cue to flip.
- Pile those cakes sky high and smother with strawberry sauce. WE ARE DROOLING.
Shop Beetroot Blend
Shop Beetroot Blend
As our most versatile blend, you can add Beetroot to pretty much anything. Packed with antioxidants, nitrates and ginger, now you can get the energy boost you need from smoothies, yogurt, oatmeal, lattes — and so much more than just coffee.