Hi everyone, Kaitlyn here! This is my first time contributing to The Scoop so I thought I should share a little bit about myself before I introduce you to this recipe. I am a Kelowna, BC local and I’ve lived here pretty much my whole life. One of my favorite things to do is travel but the past two years I have been enjoying exploring and adventuring in my own backyard. I feel so fortunate to live in beautiful British Columbia where I can go hiking, camping and spend many of my summer nights in a tent on a mountain somewhere. When I am not in nature, I love being in the kitchen creating new recipes or “veganizing” recipes from my mom or my Grandma’s old cookbooks. With that passion and my love for good food, I started a blog and an Instagram account where I not only share my adventures, but also delicious plant-based recipes, cruelty-free favorites, zero-waste tips, and ethical products. All that said, I feel that I am in alignment with Blume’s values and those of this amazing community so it is an honor to be here.
When Blume asked me to create a recipe with their recently launched Pumpkin Spice Latte Mix, these pancakes immediately came to mind! Not only are they super easy, but they are also vegan & dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and there's even a gluten-free option. Dare I say, they might literally change your life? I don't think this recipe even needs an intro so I'll keep it simple... I just want to let you know that it's worth the hype and I hope these become a fall staple in your home, just as they have become in mine.
Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
Prep Time: mins
Bake Time: 10 mins
Servings: 6 pancakes
- 1.5 cups All-Purpose Flour (or sub-gluten-free flour, I like this one)
- 1.25 cups Plant Milk (I prefer oat milk)
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup (2 tbsp sugar)
- 1/4 cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1.5 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1.5 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tsp Blume Pumpkin Spice Latte Mix
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- .5 tsp Baking Soda
- .5 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 a Mashed Banana
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
- .5 tsp Ground Cinnamon (or more to taste)
- Preheat a sauté pan to medium heat.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine apple cider vinegar with plant milk and let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, Blume Pumpkin Spice Latte Mix, and sea salt.
- Add vanilla, maple syrup (or sugar), pumpkin purée, mashed banana and the melted coconut milk to the plant-milk mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and cook until you start to see bubbles forming through the surface. Flip and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Top with syrup, coconut whip cream, crushed walnuts, cinnamon or whatever your heart desires.
Kaitlyn is a creator and recipe developer that's passionate about food and zero-waste living. When she's not traveling or exploring beautiful British Columbia, you can find her recommending her favorite cruelty-free and ethical products or 'veganizing' her families favorite dishes.
Tag @itsblume and @kaitlyndickie on the ‘gram to show us how your Pumpkin Pancakes turned out.
Looking for more ways to use your Pumpkin Spice blend outside of the mug? These Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes are perfect for sharing with the kids (or just keeping for yourself).
Shop Pumpkin Spice Blend
A Pumpkin Spice Latte made with real pumpkin?! Sign us up. We swapped the syrups, dairy, and caffeine for whole superfood ingredients, so you can sip back with a barista-worthy PSL you can feel good drinking.Shop Pumpkin Spice Blend