This tasty loaf will fill your home with the warm, comforting fall scent of pumpkin! Made with Blume’s Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice blend and 100% pure pumpkin, you won’t find any fillers here. It’s super easy to prepare and for those who hate the clean up, it can be mixed in one bowl. Bakers rejoice!
Did you know pumpkin is considered to be a superfood? It has 7 grams of fibre per cup and is loaded with iron and zinc. It’s appealing bright orange colour is thanks to beta-carotene, which converts to vitamin A in the body, a key vitamin for supporting your immune system and eyesight. Plus, pumpkin helps you fight off colds because it has 20 percent of your daily recommended dose of vitamin C. What an ideal fall superfood!
Get cozy on the weekend with a Blume Pumpkin Spice latte and a slice of vegan pumpkin loaf.
*This recipe was adapted from Minimalist Baker’s vegan, gluten free pumpkin bread.
Makes 1 loaf (or two mini loaves)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 40-50 minutes
Here’s what you need:
1 1/2 batches chia egg (1 1/2 Tbsp chia seeds + 4 Tbsp water)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup pumpkin puree (100% real pumpkin)
2 Tbsp mashed ripe banana (sub in firm tofu or avocado)
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp Blume Pumpkin Spice Blend
1/2 cup water
1 heaping cup large rolled oats
1/2 heaping cup walnut meal
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
Hemp Hearts (dusting for the top to create a crackly, delicious crunch)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and lightly grease.
- Mix your chia egg and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the olive oil, maple syrup, pumpkin puree and banana, whisk to combine.
- Next, add the sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and Blume Pumpkin Spice blend, whisk to combine.
- Whisk in the water.
- Add oats, walnut meal and flour, stirring to combine until no dry flour remains.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- Let it cool completely. This loaf is pretty moist, so the longer you can let it rest, the easier it will be to slice into.
- Slice and serve on its own or lightly ‘buttered’ with organic coconut oil. Enjoy!