Cookies around the holidays are a must. Decorate them to be festive and fun this year, without fake food dyes, by using our Blume blends to create a simple, natural icing. Our Matcha Coconut Blend and Beetroot Blend are perfect for bringing in the colourful hues of Christmas. Requiring only four ingredients commonly found in the kitchen, this icing comes together in just minutes!
Decorates 12 cookies
What you’ll need:
- 1 stick of dairy-free butter (softened)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Splash of almond mylk
- 2 tsp Blume Matcha Coconut Powder or Blume Beetroot Powder (for green or pink/red)
What to do:
1) Add softened butter and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl. Beat for 30-45 seconds.
2) Slowly add in powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time.
3) Add blume powder and mix thoroughly (add more for a deeper hue).
4) Add splash of almond mylk as needed, for a thinner consistency.
5) Spread the icing immediately onto vegan shortbread or sugar cookies. Allow it to set and cool completely before topping with sprinkles and other garnishes!