Looking for a healthier alternative to the grocery store ice cream sandwiches? Look no further! These crowd pleasing ice cream sandwiches can easily be prepared in advance and kept in the freezer for a super decadent sweet treat. Featuring our Superfood Nut Butter, these delicious cold treats feel indulgent, but also feature tons of adaptogenic benefits!
Adaptogens help the body to adapt and better manage stress and fatigue. Rather than serving a single purpose, adaptogens give your body what it needs right now to keep you in balance, despite the daily demands of life. Want to learn more? Check out our blog on adaptogens!
BetterButter Ice Cream Sammies
Prep time , makes 6-8 sandwiches.
- 1 cup flour (or flour alternative)
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup stevia (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 tbsp Superfood Nut Butter (straight from the jar)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tbsp Blume Reishi Hot Cacao blend
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- ½ cup of Superfood Nut Butter milk (or other milk alternative)
- Non-dairy ice cream of choice
- Preheat your oven to 375F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- To make Superfood Nut Butter milk, blend 1 tablespoons of milk blend and 1/2 cup of water on high for 30 seconds.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cacao, stevia, baking soda, Reishi Hot Cacao blend and Superfood Nut Butter (straight from the jar) and stir. Add in vanilla, coconut oil, and liquid Superfood Nut Butter milk and stir to form a soft dough.
- Flour a flat surface and roll out the dough to approx. ½ inch thick, and use a glass or jar to cut circular cookies.
- Place the cookies in a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until firm. Allow to cool completely. Once cool, add a scoop of ice cream between.
Shop Superfood Nut Butter
100% plant-based, super-powered nut butter. This glass jar is filled to the brim with oats, cashew, macadamia, and adaptogenic mushrooms. But don't get your knickers in a nut — these powerful fungi help to build immunity and support your brain (to put it in a nutshell). Enjoy on toast, in smoothies, straight from the jar, or blended up with a cup of water for a smooth barista-worthy nut milk, minus the bad stuff. Just go nuts, and feel good about it too.